none

Default What's In Your Parts Box?

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:08:23 +0000, mlw wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am crossposting this question since I think it will be of general
interest...sorry if that offends someone.

Now to the questions....what kinds of electronic and mechanical "trash"
is WORTH disassembling and keeping for parts to build other projects?

What did you keep that you should have thrown long ago?

What did you throw that you still kick yourself for tossing?

I look forward to your suggestions, experiences and jokes. ;)

TMT

I have so much crap, it can't be believed. I have an 1802 SuperElf board
dated circa 1978. I have two Digital Sharks StrongARM thin clients. I have
a box of PC type motherboards and boxes of cards, hard disks, etc.
Monitors, cables, discrete components, ICs, 2 osciliscopes, video capture
cards, to 19" rack cabinets, SMP servers, table saw, drill press, engine
hoist, weller soldering station. Lets not even talk about books!!

HEY! I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Junk that is!
Sounds like your as out of control as I in junk collecting.
I've had to section off a large portion of my back yard and put in a
high fence so I could keep my "junk yard".
Also have a couple of storage rooms and am in the process of building
another out back behind my already full to the seams workshop.
Joking aside I do find a use for most of it though I am starting to
fall behind in my projects. (I'm retired so can devote most of my time
to working on this or that, at least when my health allows.)