alex

Default laminate underlay in condo

Hi,
I just bought a new condo(on a high floor), and i have contracted a flooring
company to install quick-step laminate flooring. The installer finished the
job, however when i inspected the floor I found that the floor was extremely
soft. The installer said he used 1/4 inch cork underlayment plus a 2-in-one
foam+moisture barriers. The subfloor is concrete.
When i examined a cork sample, i found it to be a vary stable platform.
However the 2-in-one foam was extremely soft.

The installer is claiming that it is normal for laminate to be this soft.
However I have a friend in the same building, and his laminate is not as
soft.

Is it standard procedure to install cork + a 2-in-one foam-moisture barrier?
isn't the extra layer of foam overkill given that 1/4 cork is already laid
down?

thanks
Alex