No

If the floors are sanded and ready for a finish you could just mop on some
water based poly for floors. It dries in about an hour, noes not smell and
is very easy to apply. You apply it with a mop. (lambswool applicator
actually)

You could do the first coat then sand lightly after your friends leave. Took
me less than 1 hour to apply to 500 sq feet IIRC.

I have been racking my brain for the brand product I used. I bought it from
a company that rented me my sander. Weldwood sticks in my head but I'm
pretty sure that's not correct, weldwood is a glue.

Varithane is one brand, Home cheapo has their own brand and a google search
will turn up many more.

Do this google search for some options...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ck+dry&spell=1

Ahh, while looking some more I remembered, I used something called Fabulon
at my old house. Worked great for me. YMMV (Your mileage may vary). I
couldn't find too much about Fabulon on the web. Could now be called
Duraseal? Not too sure. I would think any of the quick dry, mop down
urethanes would be your best solution given your circumstances.

DO NOT use oil soap or anything like that.

Actually, even if they have NOT been sanded yet, I think I would still just
mop some water based poly on. Its better than nothing and will come up when
you do sand.

Good luck, let us know what you do!

"Corporate Monkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have old, unfinished hardwood floors in one section of my house. I
don't have the time (or know how) to finish them permenently so I was
wondering if there was something I could "mop" on the floors to make
them look a little nicer. Will a Murphey's Oil Soap or something like
it help?

Any thoughts?

If you are asking why I don't just finish them...I have friends coming
in from out of town next week and don't have time to finish them myself
or hire anyone.

Thanks!

Manta