Charlie Bress

"cat rancher" wrote in message
news:z0Qpe.65934$Wr.44319@fed1read04...
Ours is shot. Any suggestions on how to find a good one?
I'm kind of interested in one with a freezer on the bottom
or without a freezer at all... is that weird?

We have had Amana bottom freezer refrigerators for over 4 decades.
There were only three. The first one was sold with the house after 22 years
because that was the custom in that area.

The third also went with the house after 16 years. The third is still with
us and we are not anticipating a move.
The rationale we have used for the bottom freezer was one of convenience.
How many times a day do you get something from the freezer as compared with
the fridge? Why keep bending over to get something that many times?

All of these have been trouble free except number 2 that had a loose
connection for the defrost timer. It was fixed in warranty because it showed
up pretty fast.

Charlie