chicagofan

Doug Miller wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Corporate Monkey wrote:
I have old, unfinished hardwood floors in one section of my house. I
don't have the time (or know how) to finish them permenently so I was
wondering if there was something I could "mop" on the floors to make
them look a little nicer. Will a Murphey's Oil Soap or something like
it help?

Any thoughts?

I suggest you not use a wax or a polish. The sanding sealer sounded
like a good idea.

The floor should be sanded anyway before applying varnish. A
non-silicone-bearing wax isn't going to cause any trouble if an oil-based
varnish is applied after sanding.

I haven't used it recently, but Mop-N-Glo always did a great job for me.
It really shined my parquet flooring. I don't know what it contains
though.

Barbara