Rich256

"I R Baboon" wrote in message
1) is there a good pool newsgroup my newsreader just isnt finding?
2) just purchased a house with pool. first time weve opened the pool. its

aboveground 16x24 with diff depths of 3' and 7' yes i know thats odd.

during
its neglect the liner seems to have unlocked from the top channel with

some
sort of plastic strip to lock it in. tried pulling it up too heavy of

water.
so i started draining. buddy stops by, says draining pool completly is

worse
thing to do to pool. ok. what do i do to get that to lock in then?
thanks

It has been a good number of years since I had one of the above ground
pools. As others have said you probably need a new liner. However, most of
the damage to the line is that area above the water line where the intense
sun rays hit it. I used an old liner to make an "apron" that hung down
about a foot into the water. The liner then lasted for several years but
had to replace the apron. I usually drained the pool each year.