Doug Miller

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Corporate Monkey wrote:
Hello,

I have old, unfinished hardwood floors in one section of my house. I
don't have the time (or know how) to finish them permenently so I was
wondering if there was something I could "mop" on the floors to make
them look a little nicer. Will a Murphey's Oil Soap or something like
it help?

Any thoughts?

If you are asking why I don't just finish them...I have friends coming
in from out of town next week and don't have time to finish them
myself or hire anyone.

Thanks!

Manta

I suggest you not use a wax or a polish. The sanding sealer sounded
like a good idea.

If you use a wax of polish, you are going to have problems when it comes
to to finish the floors as you will need to remove that stuff before
applying a real finish and after putting it on bare wood that is not going
to be easy.

The floor should be sanded anyway before applying varnish. A
non-silicone-bearing wax isn't going to cause any trouble if an oil-based
varnish is applied after sanding.

--
Regards,