Doug Miller

In article .com, "Corporate Monkey" wrote:
I have old, unfinished hardwood floors in one section of my house. I
don't have the time (or know how) to finish them permenently so I was
wondering if there was something I could "mop" on the floors to make
them look a little nicer. Will a Murphey's Oil Soap or something like
it help?

Any thoughts?

Almost anything you put on there runs the risk of preventing adhesion of the
varnish, once you *do* have them permanently finished. The floor polish
suggested by another poster is a particularly bad idea, as many polishes
contain silicone, which is almost guaranteed to cause problems with applying a
finish later.

One thing that *won't* cause problems with later use of *oil*-based varnish is
plain old Johnson's Paste Wax.

I think your best bet is to leave it alone until you can get a professional
floor refinishing company in there.

--
Regards,