Chris Lewis

According to DS :
Why go electric?
Gas saws are much better and don't need an extension cord.
ds

Electrics are perfect for occasional small jobs nearish to an outlet.
Pruning, cutting firewood (provided that the logs aren't excessively
large), and carpentry. Which most urban/suburban users would find
perfectly adequate, without the hassle of gas.

Beyond those uses, you need gas. I have both. Actually three:
McCullough electric, an older homelite (recently "inherited"), and
a VERY old Pioneer (apparently a 40+ year old professional model
capable of a 30" bar) gotten years ago from a garage sale (for $5).

Getting that Pioneer running after a long idle time is a PITA.
It's completely eaten (as in, _no_ trace left) several in-tank
fuel lines, and if it kicks, it'll pull your arm off.
But once it goes, it'll cut through anything.

Freakin loud and heavy.

I hardly ever use the Pioneer. I'll run 200' of extension cord
to the McCullough before running _that_ thing.

Haven't used the Homelite yet, other than to start it once.
It'll be nice, but it still won't replace the McCullough
completely. If I ever get around to building a chain mill,
that's where the Pioneer will be used.

Has the OP thought of renting? Decent well tuned saw, whatever
size/type you need, that you don't have to feel guilty about
not doing any maintenance on ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est