DaveM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I get recomendations for the most accurate electronic timer that I
can buy?

It must to be accurate to within 1/60th of a second over the course of
6 hours.

Is something like this commercially available, or will I have to build
it, or have someone build it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Dan,
Sadly enough, there have been a number of replies to your question, but none
have attempted to answer it directly.
But, you didn't state the intended use or desired method of operation of the
timer. Assuming that you are looking for a handheld timer suitable for
tasks such as cooking or sunbathing, almost any of the common timers
available at outlets such as Radio Shack, Target, Walmart, etc. should fill
your bill. They are all crystal controlled, and although their accuracy
isn't usually stated in the specs, they should easily meet your
requirements.
If you're looking for an industrial timer that can control other devices,
then you need to specify what kind of equipment or the power requirements of
the equipment.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in