Dave Hinz

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:20:17 +0100, No Spam wrote:
Hax Planx wrote:

I once picked up a hitchhiker who claimed he knew of a guy who bought a
prototype Chrysler that got 80mpg.

Well seeing as there are many road vehicles in Europe that routinely
hit that figure its not surprising, as to whether a Chrysler could do
it I have my doubts. Other vehicles in the Daimler Chrysler group
could though.

Can you provide examples of 80mpg production vehicles please?

Just to prove what can be done the world record for a vehicle capable
of carrying a human is currently 10703 - yes you read that right, ten
thousand, ten followed by four zeros, miles per gallon.

And is that vehicle roadworthy?