Artemia Salina

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:20:14 -0700, GregL wrote:

Thanks all... All are excellent suggestions... Just made my first
puddle.. (kinda)... found out I need a bigger tip for 1/4".. Back
to the store.. Also made my first cut... worked pretty well.. a
little slag... more practice needed.

My first welding project was to make a welding table. I designed it
with a top that was made from 2" by 1/4" steel flat stock with gaps
of about 2" between each piece. This allows me to use C-clamps anywhere
on the surface of the table, simply by sticking them between the steel
slats and clamping the work down to the slats. For sections that need to
be insulated from the table, I arrange the section to be over the gap
between the slats.

Works great and requires no special materials to construct.