mrcheerful

Default Limiting temperature of a conservatory

"Roly" wrote in message
om...
Summer's here and the conservatory regularly tops 100 degrees even on
overcast days.

What are the best ways to keep the temperature within sensible limits
?

I've seen adverts for thermal inserts that are slid into the
polycarbonate roofing. The lack of any pricing structure leads me to
suspect that it's not cheap and will be a high-pressure sale of a
largely ineffective product. Is it worth considering ?

Other obvious solutions might be to use a thermostatically controlled
extracor fan or some sort of shading in the roof.

Has anybody any suggestions or observations ?

It's only a small conservatory, less than 3 metres square and south
facing.

I thatch mine for the summer using reed stuff on a roll, most garden centres
stock it, I got mine from Costco, stapled to a light wooden frame, this
stops the sting of the sun, reduces but doesn't black out the light inside
and makes the conservatory usable, several friends have copied the idea, all
think it works well, it is also very cheap.

mrcheerful