Dave Hinz

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:59:41 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , David wrote:

Seems over the top and awfully pretentious. What procedure for TRYING
to save a bad battery pack warrants a patent? When I've had bad battery
packs, I've found dead cells. There's no hocus pocus that's gonna bring
those dead cells back to life.

Google on "revive NiCad battery" and you'll discover that (apparently) there
*is* such hocus pocus.

Well, when I worked in a biomedical engineering lab years ago, we had a
battery rejuvinator for NiCd defib batteries. It'd do a milliamp-hour
check first, then do it's cycle pattern, and then do another analysis
afterwards. Some batteries got drastically better, some stayed bad.
So, from this, I deduce that memory effect _is_ real in NiCd, and given
the proper equipment and/or technique, you _can_ get some of them back.

"Hello! Yes, it works well-but not on all batteries. Firstly, you need to be
able to access the individual cells. Using a 10-12 volt source battery(9 is
too weak I've found) you "zap" each dead cell-most are revived and can then be
charged.

Right, that technique has been around forever. I can see how he claims
copyright for his procedure document, but the fact that he claims to
hold patent in the auction, yet his site says "patent pending", shows
that something is fishy. The medical-grade battery rejuvinators use a
charge/discharge cycle pattern rather than a capacitive discharge into
the battery, by the way. Physio-Control was/is the manufacturer, if
you're interested in googling for details.

He also has a new "quick" method that is easier but
doesn't always work. Easily worth the $13 for one battery if you ask me. "

Maybe, but probably the same "discharge a cap into it and hope for the
best" that you'll find for free with any search engine.

Dave Hinz