No Spam

(Doug Miller) wrote:

"Hello! Yes, it works well-but not on all batteries. Firstly, you need to be
able to access the individual cells. Using a 10-12 volt source battery(9 is
too weak I've found) you "zap" each dead cell-most are revived and can then be
charged. Some won't work at all and some don't hold it.

Its nothing to do with the voltage, a supply as low as approx 1.5v
would easily suffice, its current you need - lots of it. Basically you
are removing internal hair like growths that short the positive and
negative sides of the individual cells.

On the "memory effect", if correctly applied it only occurred in *ONE*
specific application back in the 1960's (a communications satellite)
that precisely controlled charge and discharge cycles. A similar
effect is observed by the consumer but its not memory effect.

Read the Nicad faq for the full story (yes I know it says memory
effect does occur but its just semantics)

http://www.repairfaq.org/ELE/F_NiCd_Battery.html