Doug Miller

In article , David wrote:

Seems over the top and awfully pretentious. What procedure for TRYING
to save a bad battery pack warrants a patent? When I've had bad battery
packs, I've found dead cells. There's no hocus pocus that's gonna bring
those dead cells back to life.

Google on "revive NiCad battery" and you'll discover that (apparently) there
*is* such hocus pocus.

Was it PT Barnum that said...?

Any chance the "feedback" is bogus?

Of course. However, there's an awful lot of it. Which means that someone went
to an awful lot of trouble to create it.

Even if Doug gets an email back, why couldn't it be coming from a shill?

I did get one response. Yes, it could be coming from a shill. Doesn't sound
like it IMO, though:

"Hello! Yes, it works well-but not on all batteries. Firstly, you need to be
able to access the individual cells. Using a 10-12 volt source battery(9 is
too weak I've found) you "zap" each dead cell-most are revived and can then be
charged. Some won't work at all and some don't hold it. However, the first
one (an 18 volt Milwaukee battery) that had several bad cells has held 20
volts for several weeks. Others have not held it. You can always take the
remaining good cells from an otherwise bad battery overall for use later
(SOLDERING SKILLS HELP). He also has a new "quick" method that is easier but
doesn't always work. Easily worth the $13 for one battery if you ask me. "

--
Regards,