Gunner

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:51:19 +0200, (Nick Müller)
wrote:

GregL wrote:

In several of the welding books I have it says you need to insulate
your work from the steel plate used for support or the plate will rob
the working area from heat needed to create a good weld.

With O/A-welding, that's sometimes right. Only when I was trained at, we
had a kind of grating. just several upright flat irons, distanced about
1" apart and welded in a frame.
Looks like your first project? :-)

Later, I never needed something like this.
Nick

One of the handiest things to have, is a chunk of walkway grid.
mounted on legs. My first welding table was this

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop/weld1.jpg

It worked well for years, and I could cut directly on the table.
I still use it as a cutting table even though I now have a 4x8 steel
topped welding table.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner