Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Buck Turgidson wrote:
I really want to upgrade to a contractor saw like a Delta or Grizzly,
but I have a small shop in a finished basement, and would prefer to do
any cutting outside.

Are there any contractor saws that can be easily moved outside through a
standard size door, or do I want my cake and eat it, too?

a) "depends on the size of the door".
b) moving the saw *through* the _door_ is *really* hard on the saw -- not to
mention what it does to the door.

A standard contractor saw can be induced to fit through a typical 3' doorway.
*BUT*,
You cannot have a 'wing' on either side of the base table.
the fence must be supported by a front rail, *only*,
you must have enough space to the right of the doorway for
the fence rail to clear right up to the door opening.
you must have some 'swing space' on the far side of the door
opening.