Lobby Dosser

mac davis wrote:

thanks a bunch, leif...
in 5 or 10 years I'll probably NEED a cane..

It just ocurred to me that during one of my fits of ebayery I had
purchased a book on cane making. Here are the specs:

'Walking and Working Sticks' by Theo Fossel
ISBN 1 869988 0 Hardback
ISBN 1 869988 9 Paprback

It's a small book - 5x8 or so and 125 pages - but crammed with
information. Types of wood to use, straightening, a few pages on bending
handles, antler, horn, and other types of handles, finishes, shepherd's
crooks .... It is well worth getting.

If you are really interested in doing canes and can't find the book, give
me a shout and I'll loan it to you for a while. I tend to squirrel stuff
away for rainy days and we're get some sunshine here in the upper left.

e-mail: lobby dot dosser at verizon dot net

LD