Steve wrote:
wrote:

One rule to remember about Chrysler and American cars:
They tend to be deficient in the areas touted most by
the marketing department.

eyeroll. This level of cluelessness pretty much goes with
the rest of the post, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

A check will reveal I'm correct. Or do you really believe the original
Olds Quad 4 was smooth-running compared to German and Japanese 4s?

Get a different van so you won't end up with the Chrysler
4-speed automatic, which still remains one of the least
reliable transmissions made, despite all the extensive changes,

Incorrect. It appears to actually be doing considerably better
than Toyota and Honda minivan transmissions these days,
thanks to years of development.

The space shuttle has had even more years of development, but neither
has become highly reliable yet. I know of Honda's recent transmission
problems but haven't heard of Toyota's, so do you have any proof to
back up your claim? A TSB itself is not proof; show something like
longer-term numbers from Gelco Leasing, Consumers Union, or J.D.
Powers.

including 3-4 upgrades to the fluid.

ONE fluid change- full-synthetic ATF+4 in place of ATF+3.
And its backward-compatible.

If there had been just 1 fluid upgrade, then Chrysler would still be at
ATF+2 (7176d), not at ATF+3 (7176e), +4, or +5.