Luke

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 05:26:32 -0400, wrote:

Luke wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:55:30 -0400,
wrote:

[snip]
What makes you think the spikes dig up the lawn. If golf shoes dug up the grass would
the golf course folks use them?

Golf courses have grounds crews to re-seed, re-sod, water, fertilize,
aerate, roll, fill, etc. and otherwise repair damage caused by those
they charge for the privilege of spoiling a good walk.

But, but, but Why would golf courses even allow spiked shoes if they cause so much
damage. My eyes tell me the damage is not there. Of course I have never played golf
because, as you noted its a way of "spoiling a good walk"

Because golf courses are about golf, not good grass. You wouldn't want
a golf course lawn. It would be far too much work, though the tendency
these days is for lower maintenance in the "rough".

Anyway, if your lawn looks good to you, keep on doing what you're
doing and enjoy it. But you have been warned, so keep a sharp eye out
for the Lawn Police ;-).

BTW Great sig.

Thanks.

--
Luke
"The culture of recovery is insidious: now the moral measure of a