Richard W.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Its 14 x 40 MDL 105/12 at an auction 4 hours from here out in the
middle of nowhere. Nobody around here has ever heard of this brand.
Anyone with any experience with them? We're wanting it for turning the
OD on rifle barrels(modifying the shape not making barrels) and various
odd jobs around the shop.
Ken

Yes, I have used one. Nice machine. The one I ran was new in 69 or 70. I
wouldn't be hesitate to buy it, if it was in good shape.

This Webb by Takisawa looks just like the Hercules lathe I ran, only it had
48" centers.

This Hercules lathe is larger, but looks about the same as the 14" lathe.

Some Ebay auction connect Sharp brand lathes to Takisawa.

Richard W.