AL

Elmo wrote:
Duane Bozarth wrote:

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Back to the oil--always seems to dissappear within a year or so from my
gravel drive, and I find it hard to believe its all being washed away
by the
rain...

The area where we drained oil from tractors and trucks from as far back
as the 20s until toughly the 70s or 80s is now covered in grass and is
indistinguishable from that area surrounding it...when I was a kid it
looked like almost like a paved road. It's broken down pretty well.
Not a smart thing to have done, certainly, and I suspect a soil sample
would show some residual, but certainly doesn't appear permanent....

As I understand it, the problem is not so much what it does to the soil
that it leaches through as what it does to the water table when it gets
down there.

Its not like the 'water table' is a big glass lined tank (like the
Latrobe brewery - 33) all shiny and clean. And I was thinking, where
does all that nasty oil come from in the first place? Down there in the
ground. I say, set it free, let it return home!!!

AL