David Courtney

It looks nice... but it also looks like it would conceal one or both of
the front turn signals, depending on where the pedestrian, biker or other
car was viewing you from?
That would be not-so-good... and might have liability implications if
you were in an accident?
David

"wallster" wrote in message
I bought an old salvaged jeep and did the body over as a project for the
winter/spring. Just finished it up but it was missing something, it just
didn't look "jeepy" enough. Too nice and generic looking so I
decided a grille guard and lights would be cool looking and functional as
well. I
have a friend who operates a computerized steel laser cutter so I faxed
over a drawing
and specs so he could cut the side plates (out of .375" steel plate) I
used various sizes of square
stock for cross pieces (bought them out of the discounted scrap bin pile).
I think it looks good. Here's are two pics, one of the tacked up project
and one of the finished product. I wouldn't want to run out in front of
this thing!
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/guard_4.jpg
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/grille_guard_1.jpg

walt
ps. Here's the before and afters of the jeep itself
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/93jeep_project.html