Puff Griffis

My Batteries Plus store will not touch battery packs from cordless power =
tools. At least that's what the fellow told me in November last year.
Puff

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message =
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:35:40 GMT, Gene T =

wrote:
Has anyone been brave enough to pay for info on how to "revive" =

cordless=20
toll batteries that no longer hold a charge?
This guy is selling this "info" On Ebay for $12.95 and has a 99.7% =

feedback.=20
Can this be true?

=20
There are ways to regenerate NiCd batteries, yes. Some are temporary,
some are less temporary. If you have a Batteries Plus store near you,
they'll take a battery pack in, see if the techniques work on it, and =

if
they do, they'll charge you for the "revive". If it doesn't work, =

then
you can buy new batteries from them.
=20
Their advice and findings can, I think, be trusted either way, because
either way they get profit out of the transaction, and I've always =

been
doen well by them. I'd give the guy on eBay a miss; you can probably
find dodgy advice on how to renew NiCd batteries on google, and it's
probably just as valid.
=20
See if your local battery house has a service like this. I just =

noticed
last night that one of my Makita 18V paks needs this, and it's in the
car today for that reason.
=20
Dave Hinz