Dave Hinz

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:35:40 GMT, Gene T wrote:
Has anyone been brave enough to pay for info on how to "revive" cordless
toll batteries that no longer hold a charge?
This guy is selling this "info" On Ebay for $12.95 and has a 99.7% feedback.
Can this be true?

There are ways to regenerate NiCd batteries, yes. Some are temporary,
some are less temporary. If you have a Batteries Plus store near you,
they'll take a battery pack in, see if the techniques work on it, and if
they do, they'll charge you for the "revive". If it doesn't work, then
you can buy new batteries from them.

Their advice and findings can, I think, be trusted either way, because
either way they get profit out of the transaction, and I've always been
doen well by them. I'd give the guy on eBay a miss; you can probably
find dodgy advice on how to renew NiCd batteries on google, and it's
probably just as valid.

See if your local battery house has a service like this. I just noticed
last night that one of my Makita 18V paks needs this, and it's in the
car today for that reason.

Dave Hinz