Robert Swinney

Nice job, Wally. It sort of reinforces the goal of my next vehicle being a
Wrangler with a trailer hitch - sort of a poor man's "off road and pickup"
in one package. Yeah, maybe a winch on the front for authenticity.

Bob Swinney
"wallster" wrote in message
I bought an old salvaged jeep and did the body over as a project for the
winter/spring. Just finished it up but it was missing something, it just
didn't look "jeepy" enough. Too nice and generic looking so I
decided a grille guard and lights would be cool looking and functional as
well. I
have a friend who operates a computerized steel laser cutter so I faxed
over a drawing
and specs so he could cut the side plates (out of .375" steel plate) I
used various sizes of square
stock for cross pieces (bought them out of the discounted scrap bin pile).
I think it looks good. Here's are two pics, one of the tacked up project
and one of the finished product. I wouldn't want to run out in front of
this thing!
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/guard_4.jpg
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/grille_guard_1.jpg

walt
ps. Here's the before and afters of the jeep itself
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/93jeep_project.html