RMD

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:48:16 GMT, "Carmen" wrote:

Hello,
Sometimes the third time is the charm, sometime it's three strikes and
you're out. In this case it's the latter. I'm talking about the
third Craftsman electric chain saw model 34104 my husband and I have
brought home, filled with the bar and chain lube and promptly had leak
it all back out. Number three is sitting downstairs right now. That
being the situation I never even got as far as firing any of them up,
just brought them back so the two holly trees that need whacking are
still out front, tall as ever. This evening Puddles #3 is going back.

Normally Craftsman is my first choice for tools, but I'm going to have
to look elsewhere for a light duty chain saw. What recommendations
for an electric 14" manual oiler chain saw can you give?

Thank you for your time,
Carmen

--
Handy guide to modern science: If it's green or wriggles, it's
biology. If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's

My brother brought an el-cheapo GMC (Global Machinery Corp) electric
chainsaw and used it to remove three quite large trees overhanging
from his neighbours place. (The tree debris filled up two house
blocks.) It managed this tree demolition fine, and didn't even need
sharpening, though the chain needed a slight tighten up once he was
done. He thought the saw would be rubbish, being a "buy expensive for
quality" sort of guy, but ended up very impressed with the saw. As did
everyone who used it.

I have an electric McCulloch which works fine that I've had for 20
years. It cuts anything that a petrol (gas) saw will cut and about as
fast, but a lot quieter. I can't believe anyone would compare it to a
bowsaw.........

Frankly the petrol (gas) chainsaws are just a pest to start with the
typical home user useage pattern, or rather home user non-useage
pattern.

All my small petrol motors (chainsaw, outboards, etc) are a pest to
start after long idle times.

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13)