Prometheus

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:50:47 GMT, "John Pilhoefer"
wrote:

I do a lot of projects that require a bunch of drilling for hardware.

For me this the nerve wracking part of woodworking, I hate taking a file to
massage my misaligned hardware holes. It seems all the hardware I choose can
't have easy measurements, like 2 inches between centers.

Does anyone make an adjustable drilling jig or can anyone suggest a book or
web site that covers accurate hardware placement and drilling.

When I run several pieces that need to have the holes in the same
locations, I usually cut a piece of 3/4" ply into an "L" shape, and
clamp it to the drill press table. To make two holes, just use a
spacer. Do a test on a piece of scrap to make sure things are set
properly, and you're good to go. If you want to make sure they don't
move, you can use one of these things, too.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3794

I suspect you can find these elsewhere for less $$$, but this is what
a quick search turned up. They work really well.