jbclem

Before you dive into life at Lumber Liquidators, consider looking at Ikea countertops.
They have an 8 ft (birch or beech) one for about $80-90. Here in LA they don't have
them in stock, you have to order and wait 10 days, but I asked for opinions on the Do it
Yourself web site and two persons who had them were very happy with them. I'm sure for
that price they won't be the highest quality, but they don't look bad in photos. They
apparently are raw wood so you can coat them with mineral oil.

My telephone calls to the LA Lumber Liquidators store left me very wary of having any
dealings with them.

Good luck, John

"bremen68" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anybody ever buy anything from Lumber Liquidators (LL)? I'm thinking
about putting a butcher block countertop in the kitchen and LL has one
for sale that's $184 for an 8' x 25" x 1.5" maple top.

I'm going to have to travel a fair distance to fetch the thing and
wondered if anyone has either purchased one of these tops or has any
experience with their quality.

Hate to make that kind of trip for a piece of junk.

Thanks for any info.