Don Foreman

On 22 Jun 2005 13:46:10 -0700, wrote:

Would replacing the rotor "windings" with copper wire or bus bar
(easy), and rewinding the stator with bigger wire (hard) have any
chance at all of working together by lowering the leakage inductance
and rotor resistance to allow resonance?

That's my best question; is there any hope at all?

This is a wound rotor motor?

Measure the DC resistance of the *stator* windings. If that is
fairly low, then you have a chance. If it is a wound-rotor motor and
the rotor is wound with fine wire, then I would think that replacing
that with bussbars might significantly reduce impedance and
slipspeed, and make it better-suited for what you are trying to do.
If it's easy to do, I'd try it.