Robin S.

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Holy cow. Does anybody still use diamond pins? That's what they used
decades
ago to assemble master jigs and master watch plates, but I thought those
things disappeared.

I don't think I've ever seen one personally, other than in jig books.

Did they teach you about watch plates in your tooling classes? That was
once
the ultimate expression of the toolmaker's art.

A "watch plate" doesn't sound familiar.

I'm not sure I'd be interested making a watch plate, if it truly is the
"ultimate expression of the toolmaker's art." I'm in the middle of my
European practical final exam and filing a square hole to an H7 tolerance is
just about enough expression for me....

Regards,

Robin