Jeff Wisnia

Tim Williams wrote:
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/I...rassKnife1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/I...rassKnife2.jpg

13 1/4" overall length, 7" of sharp cutting edge (though it could stand to
be ground steeper... the hell with it, all that manual labor!). Pretty
weighty (all solid construction, haven't weighed it) so seems good for
chopping.

Yes I had to cut an ugly-ass notch in the handle (made of 25% Zn brass plus
maybe 5% lead and tin) to fit the blade tang, since my as-cast core didn't
work quite right. Still needs some other finishing work, though it could be
acceptable in the current dirty condition.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

I love the appearance oif that beastie!

Just like some ladies I've been pleased to know, it has that "lived in
look".

And, backgrounding it with schematics which combine semiconductors with
triode vacuum tubes adds penache to the overall "retro" appearance. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)