John A. Weeks III

In article ,
(Lurker at Large) wrote:

An hour before our closing time, and 15 minutes *after* the banks closed
for the day (around 2:30pmish) they finally called our realtor and told her
the
amount we needed to bring to the table.

That doesn't seem likely in a modern city. Grocery store banks are
open until 7:30PM here in the twin cities, and all day Sunday at many
stores.

We were lucky. What if the difference went the other way? We would
have had to delay closing by a day so we could go back to the bank the next
morning to get another cashier's check.

I have never had a problem with not getting a relatively accurate
HUD statement well before closing. I am normally able to come up
with the numbers myself, so I usually know what the HUD statement
will say. I have had problems with last minute fees that pop up,
and with banks that give incorrect payoff amounts (especially
Wash Mutual, which always holds back a few thousand). My reaction
would be to tell all parties that I will show up for closing 24
hours after I get the HUD statement FAX'ed to me, and not a minute
before. I want to check the numbers if nothing else.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com