Russ

I just bought the 850D. The reason why was that the 850D has more power
then the 9802, 850B etc. I am not sure if it makes the difference but I
talked with a number or people who reccomend the D model. Check out
Howardelectronic.com they have a lot of info on SMD stuff.

"Peter Hiscocks" wrote in message
I'm considering purchasing a hot-air soldering station to help solder SMC
boards. The Madell 8502 (for example) is a fraction of the cost of some of
the other 'big name' hot air soldering stations. Does anyone have any
experience with this brand?

The same unit may be marketed under the Sunkko label, the units look very
similar on the Web.

Any comments appreciated.

Peter

--