firstjois

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"firstjois" wrote in message
considering getting a self centering Vix bit. This bit will use
the hardware as the guide so that you can drill holes perfectly
centered in the hardware holes.

Is that like me using a hole punch so I have an exact spot to place
the bit?

Josie

Sort of, but it will line up with the hole in the hinges.Not much
help for drawer pulls.
For hinges, I use a self centering punch that I bought over 30 years
ago. It is tapered to line up in the hinge screw holes, a tap with a
hammer and you have a place to set the drill.

For things like drawer pulls, it is worth taking the time to make up
a template. Most times a flat sheet of plywood with a 90Degree stop
glued or nail on one side to hang over the drawer front gives the
constant height. You can put another stop on the side to get the
centering.

Thanks!
Josie