World Traveler

"bremen68" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anybody ever buy anything from Lumber Liquidators (LL)? I'm thinking
about putting a butcher block countertop in the kitchen and LL has one
for sale that's $184 for an 8' x 25" x 1.5" maple top.

I'm going to have to travel a fair distance to fetch the thing and
wondered if anyone has either purchased one of these tops or has any
experience with their quality.

Hate to make that kind of trip for a piece of junk.

Thanks for any info.

I bought wood flooring from their Tampa Bay area store. Called ahead, they
had what I wanted, went there and looked over my choices (it's 120 mi each
way), took their advice and took home what I needed. That store was
knowledgable and helpful and the salesman took an interest in my
non-standard plans for flooring (frame around a hot tub, interior window
framing for a "moongate" window.

I'd go back for other stuff if I needed it, which is probably the best
measure. They've got a better selection than I can find locally in this
rural location.

Regards --