Al Reynolds

Default Gabions...

"Abdullah Eyles" wrote in message
om...
Did anyone use Gabions in their garden? or anywhere else for that
matter?

(If you don't know what they are, look at
http://www.weld-mesh.com/gabions.htm)

I am thinking to use them as a retaining wall along the edge of our
garden... (more natural then concrete, cheaper than dry stone
walling...)

I am thinking of using them together with geotextile fabric to
build a mechanically-stabilised earth (MSE) retaining wall.
My garden is so inaccesible to any roads that I would have
no hope of getting in enough rock to fill them up.

I had a quick look on the net and couldn't find many examples
of them being used domestically.

Al