Ol' Duffer

In article .com,
says...
The reason the SDA3202-2 is hard to change is the fact that its mounted
on a small board in the tuner that has metal brackets on each side of
it, and it solders all the way through the board, not just on the end
of the legs, so the only way I know to change it is to have small
snips, cut off all the legs, remove the body of the chip, then with a
very small soldering iron try to heat one leg at a time as you pull
each out until they are all removed, the carefully solder wick the
excess solder off which is hard because it goes clear through the
board, then poke any plugged holes clean with a small needle. All this
is done with numerous surface mount resistors and transistors right
where you are working, so careful going. After all this simply mount
and solder the new chip in and set is fixed 100% of the time. I've done
30 or 40 of these over the years.

Wow, that's the hard way! I just clip the corner of the frame with
diagonal cutters, desolder a couple of ground points and bend it out
of the way. Then it's close quarters but you can get at all the leads
with a solder sucker. Half hour repair. Not quite 100% fix rate, as
the tuners occaisionally have problems other than the SDA chip.