Kevin Aylward wrote:

Like, if we say "there is a capacitance in the circuit", when we are
referring to the capacitor itself, it just sounds like the person is an
amateur. Its almost as bad as "current flow".

So, as far as making oneself clearly understood in electrical
engineering, one should, restrict to terms such as capacitors having
capacitance and inductors having inductance. This discussion itself is
proof enogh why this should be the case.

But what if the "capacitance" present is actually a property of
something other than a part sold as a "capacitor"?