Scott Mills

Default Aquarium?

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message news:cNVpc.11952$7S2.5952@newsfe1-win...
Is it possible to have a 5' x 2' x 2' aquarium on the upper floor of a two
storey building with no extra floor support? Doing the maths says that it
will exceed by a long way the 1.5kN per sq/m in the building regs, as

works
out at about 600kg over 10 sq ft (0.92 sq m) but I have a feeling it's not
that simple.

Personally, I'd say it is nothing to do with the pressure figure you have
quote, a large women in high heels would probbaly exceed that. You are
looking at 566Kgs supported on at best 3 joists which does seem high, if you
have it orintated so that it's only on the one joist I'd say that's very
high...