Cliff

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:39:37 -0400, JohnM wrote:

Not I. Like I said, small quibbles about real effects (or rather,
their long term effects in some of the finer details).

No, the "wingers don't know that" statement was what I was referring to.
It's as much a matter of belief as knowlege, and it's also a matter of
whether or not one finds it to be important..

Ummm ... but we know about CO2 & the greenhouse effect .... it
all goes back to the IR properties of CO2 & can be rather well
deduced & calculated from there for a given quantity of CO2 in
the atmosphere.
What remains a bit fuzzy is not that the planet takes in more
heat than it radiates now (hence the "warming") but rather
where all the CO2 that's produced goes (much dissolves
in the oceans which may release it later as they warm up)
and some of the fine details of the measurements of where all
the heat is going (now & in the future) and how precisely we
can measure & *predict* the effects.

Wingers tend to be a bit faith based G. And uneducated.
--
Cliff