Larry Jaques

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:35:05 GMT, the opaque Ignoramus30369
spake:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:09:42 GMT, James Lerch wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:57:15 GMT, Ignoramus30369
wrote:

A very cool video. I am wondering, why in the middle of the video
there is a brief very sharp loud noise noise like someone is shooting
a full auto Kalashnikov into the air?

Listen to the next semi at an intersection when the rev it. You'll
hear the same thing, albeit more rapid (more cylinders) and less
pronounced (more steel between it and your ears.)

After startup, about 12 seconds into the video, I pulled the
"Throttle" closed.

At 14 seconds into the video I "Revved" it back up to half throttle,
which is where I believe your hearing the machine gun sound.

Aha. You told us what happened, but I am not sure why the sound was
what it was.

Diesels rattle and knock like a SOB when they're accelerating.

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --