George

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Hi George

I see a few wild turkey around here but none have come into my garden,
not much to eat but flowers and weeds, only problem I have is rabbit and
the occasional groundhog and white tail, and one grouse, must have lost
its way, but since the turkey's hate flying I would go for high chicken
wire fencing, then again if really wanting to get your produce it'll be
hard to keep them out, maybe you have to make some turkey calls for
hunting season and claim some repayment.

Rabbit and groundhogs do not like the snakes, the largest of which is over
seven feet, so no problem there. Fencing would really be a hardship,
because I've got three strands of that polypropylene and steel thread wire
for the deer, though perhaps some of that sheep fence with both barrier and
electric might do. Deer jump barrier fence.

For now, the scareturkey, and a bit more outside time for the big dog might
convince him to relocate.

I heard him or one of his buddies calling this spring just south of the old
orchard. also caught sight of him dallying with the hussy from down by the
power line cut. Another dozen for next year....