Run the motor full time , turn off and on a magnetic clutch.

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
This dog won't stay petted!!! I have an application that unspools wire with
a dancer operated switch controlling a @35 RPM 1/15 HP ac gearmotor belt
driving a roller that a wooden spool fits on. I know I have to use "Shaded
Pole" or "Permanent Split Capacitor" motors as a cap start motor will
burn-up in a day due to the constant on/off switching. I have three of
these de-spoolers and need to make six more. These gearmotors are about
$250 ea and I have to replace at least two a year now. Any suggestions an a
better solution? Anybody got any gearmotors they want to sell? I keep an
eye on ebay and surplusscenter.