Nick Müller

Rex B wrote:

F1 has very strick testing rules for teams. They basically cannot test
except at the events.

Yes, I know that.

Nothing wrong with the track. The IRL guys did fine with it, as did the
Bridgestone-shod F1 guys.

Nothing wrong? The track was newly coated and too slippery. Then they
cut grooves in it. It will be recoated next year for onother 3 millions
or so. You call this "nothing wrong"? If the track would have been that
way since years, it would be OK.

They may have had suitable tires on hand by race start.

Without knowing about the track? They (Bridgestone and Michelin) collect
information like mad over the years. It is said that they even to have
samples of the coating. Bidgestone hat info about the new coating. You
might call that "unfair". You could also blame Michelin for not
delivering tires to IRL-teams.

THe FIA only suggested that as one of 5 (?) options, for the sake of
offering all possible alternatives. And it is a legitimate alternative.

As I said, from fIA's point of view, the options were OK. But there are
also other oppinions.

Ferrari (& Minardi & Jordan) came ready to race, the others did not,
thanks to their tire supplier.

Thanks to their chance to test (through the back door).

I neither want to blame Michelin/fIA/Biridgestone/Indi, nor am I their
advocate. I just look at the things from different perspectives and see
that everyone has got reason for their decission.

Maybe there is much more behind Michelin's "failure". Some intrigue?
Some way of kicking FIA? The start of retiering from F1?

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de