Ed H

You can not fill a liner and then drain the water from it, it loses its
elasticity. Time for a new liner. The life expectancy of a pool liner isn't
very long anyway.

Ed

wrote in message
oups.com...

I R Baboon wrote:
1) is there a good pool newsgroup my newsreader just isnt finding?
2) just purchased a house with pool. first time weve opened the pool. its
aboveground 16x24 with diff depths of 3' and 7' yes i know thats odd.
during
its neglect the liner seems to have unlocked from the top channel with
some
sort of plastic strip to lock it in. tried pulling it up too heavy of
water.
so i started draining. buddy stops by, says draining pool completly is
worse
thing to do to pool. ok. what do i do to get that to lock in then?
thanks

I have an inground pool, but I have never been left without an answer
at this site:

http://www.poolforum.com/

Hope that helps. There are even pros that post and answer questions
there. By the way I'm new to my pool also and once you get it set up,
the only hard thing is the chemistry.