T i m

Default Large wood / steel hs drill bit with small shank?

On Sun, 16 May 2004 20:13:02 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Wood augers can be used in power drills so you don't need to worry too much
about the hard labour aspect!

Really? I would have thought it would have done it no good?

Seems to work just fine.

Just had a look at augers on Screwfix (as Cic suggested) and they seem
to have different (chuck) ends compared with my Dad's selection. His
have a sort of square 'bulged' bit where they go in the brace (hence
why I was unsure re the electric drill thing ..)

I was more worried of it snatching as it broke through between the
holes?

It does, badly.
An auger is much, much more controllable, even when cutting the
wood into swiss-cheese.

Fair point .. I'll try one .. ;-)

Cheers

T i m