Kevin

Geez, you gotta scare them away?? The only wild turkeys I am familiar with
(from Western Kansas) wouldn't let you get within 200 yards. Extremely
skittish crtitters which is understandaable as folks hunted them.

"George" wrote in message
Ok, I keep urinal cake (naphtha) in my garbage can so the bears won't

carry
the bags away to dine in the woods, never let the little dog out at night
without the big one to counter a single wolf, maintain an electric fence
around my garden so I won't be accused of baiting deer, and stomp my feet

warn the big snakes of my approach. Today was time four that I had to

chase
a turkey out of the vicinity of my garden. Too many to be a coincidence.
Though maybe he - it's a Tom - is strictly on an insect hunt, I wonder how
long it will take him to become a vegetarian when the peas come in.

Anyone
have any experience with wild turkeys? Suggestions on how to convince him
(them) that there are better places to eat?

I'm thinking of a scareturkey, but with no information in the searches,
don't know if I would just be wasting my time. Maybe something turned

with
hanging shining swinging things on it?

BTW, for those who have been startled by a pheasant or grouse, a turkey is
another experience altogether.