David

Thanks, Leon. I'd prefer to buy a small amount like in the link you
included. The W.S. cat. sells a larger amount of another brand for $23.
Now all I have to do is see if I can get the Weldwood at a local
store. I looked yesterday at HD for any type of UF and found zilch.

Dave

Leon wrote:

"David" wrote in message

I want a longer open time glue and UF fits the bill. Does it irritate your
nose, breathing, or skin? Is it only a problem when it is in powder form
and floats in the air during handling? How about when sanding through glue
lines?

There isn't a better alternative is there? I don't want to use the foamy
Gorilla Glue type glues.

I want performance on a par with Titebond but with a much longer open
time.

Before the Titebond and Elmer's type glues there was the Weldwood Plastic
Resin glues. They come in a powder form, mix with water, have a long open
time, and don't get it on you or your clothes. It has to wear off. Very
strong.
http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop.../dap/00203.htm